What is Bulk Creation?
Bulk Creation is a tool that allows creating campaigns, ad sets, and ads right from the Revealbot’s interface. It is easy to use and lets you multiply headlines, texts, images/videos, links, headlines, and call to action buttons to create and test new ad combinations in just a few clicks.
Bulk Creations helps you accelerate the creative testing compared to the native Ads Manager flow. Save time by forming different variations of ad sets instead of long hypothesis testing, increase the efficiency by reducing manual work, get to see all of your combos before they get created, split audiences, and see their reaction to each creative
How to create ad campaigns in bulk?
This tool allows you to create and launch campaigns either from scratch or using some existing elements. Creation includes 4 tabs: Campaign, Ad sets, Ads, and Review. Let’s see how each one works step by step.
Before you continue reading, we recommend opening your Revealbot account and going through each step along with us, you will see how fast and simple it is ⚡️
Step 1. Campaign
1. Start by choosing your Facebook ad account. Then select whether you want to create a new campaign or choose an existing one by entering its name.
2. Give your campaign an appropriate name. You can either type in a desired name or select from predefined macros to automatically generate names. Available campaign naming parameters are:
Current year, Current month, Current day, Current date, Current time, Ad account name, Ad account ID, objective
3. Now let's choose an objective that aligns with your overall business goals:
4. If your ads are related to credit, employment or housing opportunities, or related to social issues, elections or politics, you should enable Special ad categories and select a respective category and a country from the dropdown lists.
5. Next comes Advantage campaign budget (aka CBO). If enabled, it will distribute your budget across ad sets to get more results depending on your delivery optimisation choices and bid strategy. You can specify either Daily or Lifetime campaign budget and select Campaign bid strategy from the list.
If you choose to keep this setting off and go for ABO, you will be able to specify ad set budget settings in the next tab.
Step 2. Ad sets
1. Ad set naming. You can type in the desired name or select predefined macros to generate the names automatically. Available ad set naming parameters:
Current year, Current month, Current day, Current date, Current time, Creative set name, Audience name, Custom audiences, Interests, Gender, Age range, Locations, Placements, Mobile OS, Optimisation goal, Billing event, Campaign ID
2. Audiences. Choose one or more Saved Audiences you would like to target. For each one of them, an ad set will be created.
Click Select Audience and you will be given 3 options: select an existing Saved Audience created on Facebook, an existing Saved Audience created in Revealbot, or create a new Saved Audience in Revealbot on the spot by clicking New audience:
Feel free to check out this article to learn how to create a new Saved audience. All your audiences created in Revealbot will be available for future campaigns.
Another advantage of using Revealbot saved audiences is that you can split audiences further by Interest/behavior, Age, Gender, Location, Custom, and lookalike audiences. Each version of the audience will be used for targeting of its own ad set:
3. Requirements for EU-targeted ads
Complete the fields below as required by the EU Digital Services Act (DSA)
4. Budget. If the Advantage campaign budget was not enabled in the previous tab, you can set up a Daily or Lifetime budget for each future ad set.
5. Then, let’s set up the Schedule. There are three options:
Run ads continuously starting right now (the start date will be set to today, without an end date).
Set start and end dates by selecting specific days.
You can also set no end date and run the ad campaign as ongoing.
6. Let's move on to Placements section. Here you’ll be able to choose either Automatic or Manual placements. Depending on the objective you choose, some placements may not be available.
With Manual placements you can choose where you want your ad to appear in different placements across Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, and Messenger, and also choose the All/ Desktop/Mobile Devices types:
6. In the Optimization and delivery section choose an Optimization goal and Ad set bid strategy (for ABO). Availability of the optimization goals and bid strategies in a drop-down menu will vary depending on the Objective that you have chosen in the previous tab.
7. Show more options button will reveal some more advanced settings of the ad set:
Attribution setting (for Conversions objective) and When you are charged.
Step 3. Ads
1. On this tab, you can select the macros for new ads names. Available ad naming parameters:
Current year, Current month, Current day, Current date, Current time, Creative set name, Post message, Post link, Post type, Call to action, Filename, Headline, Campaign ID, Ad set ID, Post ID.
2. Define the identity for the ads by selecting Facebook and/or Instagram page. If you do not see a specific Instagram account here, please check out this article.
3. Creatives is one of the most important steps ⚡️
There are 2 core options: Creative sets and Existing posts. Let's go over both of them.
Creative Sets: here you can choose to either select a creative set that you built and saved in Revealbot before, or build a new creative set.
To do the latter, click New creative set. Set a name, pick the format, add one or a few variants of texts, images or videos, headlines, descriptions, links, display links, and call to action. You can also customize your Facebook creatives for different placements. Here is the article with the detailed explanation about Placement Asset Customisation.
❗️Please note that the final number of ad sets and ads will depend on the number of different options you input for each field when creating a creative set and on the number of selected audiences. For example if you choose 1 audience, 1 creative set that contains 2 different pictures, 2 different text versions and 3 URLs, at check-out you will get 1 ad set and 1*2*2*3 = 12 ads.
Existing Posts: with this option, you can use the existing posts from your Facebook or Instagram page by either selecting a post or entering Post ID - a unique number generated for every new post (please note that Post ID is not an Ad ID!).
Please check out this article for more details on using existing posts for your new ad campaigns in Bulk Creation.
And, most importantly, don't miss an opportunity to use our Top Creatives report to promote your best images and videos in Revealbot. Please check out this article to learn how to use your top-performing creatives in a new ad campaign.
4. Now, let's move on to the next step - Tracking, where you can specify Meta Pixel, App Events and URL parameters.
❗️Please note that for Conversions objective, where you specify the Pixel and Events on the Campaign level, these settings will be greyed out on the Ad tab, you do not need to enter them again.
As for URL parameters, the following macros are available in the drop-down menu for dynamic tracking:
Current year, Current month, Current day, Current date, Current time, Ad account name, Ad account ID, Objective, Audience name, Custom audiences, Interests, Gender, Locations, Placements, Mobile OS, Age range, Optimisation goal, Billing event, Post message, Post link, Post type
Step 4. Review
In Review, you’re able to see everything that has been chosen in the previous steps, a summary that shows the actual ad sets and ads that are going to be created after hitting Publish. Make sure all ads are what you want them to be and delete the unnecessary ones.
If you click on the Ad set name, a new window will open up with all ads inside and their preview:
If something is off with the settings, you will see a red exclamation mark next to the ad set and/ or ad. Please open the ad set and hover over the❗️to read the error message. These errors are typically returned by Facebook API if some settings need to be changed. Please feel free to reach out to the support team if you need any help with understanding the error.
When you are done with choosing ads and ad sets you'd like to be created, click Publish in the upper right corner. It will take some time to process information and create all the items.
That's it! 🥁
We hope you successfully created your new campaign with the Bulk Creation feature. If you have any questions, please ping us through the chat bubble in the right bottom corner of the page, we are always happy to assist!