If the numbers in your rule logs are not aligned with the ones you have in Ads Manager there can be several possible reasons for that. Let's break down the most common.
First, make sure you check the right timeframes - say, if you track the metric for the Last 3 days including today and today is November 15, then you'd need to pick November 13 - November 15 time period in Ads Manager:
Learn more about time presets description here.
Next, we need to check the Attribution Window - it should be the same as it is in the rule. Go to Ads Manager and click on Settings:
Screenshot above shows what the default attribution window is for the selected ad account. You can also set a different attribution window in Ads Manager table if you click on Columns: Customize columns in Ads Manager:
Another reason why you see different metrics is that you check the data on Facebook much later than when the rule has been applied. Let's check the exact time of when the results were registered.
In order to get the time and date of a conversion in Ads Manager click on Breakdown button and select Time of Day (Ad account time zone):
Summing it up, the possible issues are:
- You check wrong timeframes;
- You have 2 different attribution windows in Ads Manager and rule settings in Revealbot;
- You check the data in Ads Manager much later than when the rule triggered. So the data might already be different. In that case we usually recommend to set up additional rules to account for late conversions;
- You're checking different metrics. For instance, there is Purchase ROAS and Website Purchase ROAS. Purchase ROAS includes website data but it also includes mobile app and offline purchases;
- Less commonly, sometimes two ad sets with the exact same name can be confused so it's best to use IDs to be sure you're looking at the same item in the logs and on Facebook.
If you doubt your rules setup don't hesitate to ask our Support team for assistance!